Thursday, June 24, 2010

The kids and I rock it out!

My morning started with a simple task....bring the dog outside. That lead to me seeing the wood behind the garage which the neighbor had asked for. After I pulled out his wood I decided to dig out the compost that was beginning to rot the garage.  That in turn lead to needing somewhere to put the dirt I had dug out.  After I filled a few holes in the backyard I decided to make some more holes by digging up the rock path on the side of the house that was pretty useless.


 This created a pile of stones that were much larger than I thought they would be. At this time I enlisted the kids to fill in the holes and decided to make a rock wall for the front flower beds which were plain......

BEFORE

AFTER



Of course all of this work has only made the steps look more shabby.....but that story is for another day.

2 comments:

  1. Looking good Christie, wish I could contribute to the renovations but you know how that is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should have your own TV show....It looks great. I haven't even had time to plant an annual this year! Miss my days when the kids were little and I stayed home with them.

    ~ Paulette

    ReplyDelete